Thursday, May 5, 2022

Mustafa


Hello everyone!

My name is Mustafa Muhi, a Junior Biology major at SUNY Albany. I joined the Scimemi lab in January 2022 and have been working since then. I enjoy reading, traveling, playing video games, and playing soccer. Since I joined the Scimemi I have learned a wide variety of skills ranging from learning to do literature reviews, write papers, PCR, and the ability to scientifically approach challenges that I may face. At the start of my time in the lab, I learned how to handle the mice colonies and genotype the mice through PCR. Although at that time I was very inefficient at those tasks and often needed help, with the help of everyone in the lab I became very efficient and comfortable with my roles. As the lab received the new mouse strains mice, I began with optimization of their PCR protocol. This required me to combine everything I have learned throughout the semester. Although I am still working on some protocol optimization, I hope I could eventually create an efficient protocol for people to use in the future. I have learned so much in the time I have been in this lab, I plan to continue to be a part of the lab this semester and next year. I hope to be able to learn how to do stereotaxic brain surgeries and to be more involved in the lab. I cannot wait to learn more from all the kind people in the Scimemi lab!

Mustafa

No comments:

Post a Comment