Friday, April 5, 2019

DJ Saad @ The Honors College

Hi everyone,

My name is Saad and I’m currently an undergraduate freshman majoring in Biology and minoring in French. I have been in the lab since the Fall 2018 semester and my duties in the lab have included PCR, behavioral studies, and some 3D printing design.

On campus I am a DJ and internal events director for WCBD radio, you can catch my show from 12-2 am on Thursdays. Most of the music I play is either hip hop or electronic, also a lot of Frank Ocean. I am also the secretary for UAlbany Peace Action which organizes campaigns for social justice issues. Most recently, we held a movie screening of Hotel Rwanda to raise awareness for genocidal actions happening throughout the world. We’d love to have new members so if your interested feel free to send me an email at sahmad2@albany.edu.

I am also a part of the Honors College at UAlbany which is an amazing program. The honors program gives you the ability to take courses at an honors level and make great connections with professors that come in to visit the Honors College as part of the weekly speaker series. I am also a part of the Honors Event Planning Committee which organizes a wide range of events from parties to faculty book panels.

After undergrad, I hope to attend medical school and go on to become a psychiatrist. I’ve always been interested in the psychology of and neuroscience behind mental illness and I hope to continue learning about it.

Saad Ahmad

Saad is the recipient of the following awards:
2020            Selected for ICAN Paris Forum


No comments:

Post a Comment