Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Fresh as a Freshman

Hello everyone!

My name is Ian Tschang and I am a Freshman at SUNY Albany majoring in Biology. I have been in the lab since October of 2018 and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I have done PCR and immunolabeling and am now working on using in situ hybridization to detect the expression of different genes in brain slices. Some of my hobbies include playing the piano (especially Chopin, Rachmaninoff, and Liszt) and watching YouTube. I am currently in the Pre-Med Club, Albany Student Television, and Presidential Honors Society. I also volunteer at Albany Medical Center on Sundays. I hope to graduate and attend medical school or go into research in order to help those who are suffering from diseases and contribute to an ever widening body of scientific knowledge. I can’t wait to see what advancements and developments the future has in store for us! Thanks for reading!

Ian Tschang




No comments:

Post a Comment