Thursday, April 25, 2024

Aiden




Hello everyone!
My name is Aiden Cho, and I’ve been working with Annalisa throughout the course of my second-semester as a freshman student. I am a Biochemistry and Psychology Major at University at Albany, and there is still so much for me to learn. At first glance at the lab, all this neuronal terminology was a bit provoking, however through great lab-mates and a great PI, I was able to further understand the fundamentals of what I was actually learning. I realized I was not alone and was able to rely on my fellow mentors, Umair Hassan and Brianna Tsakh. This lab has given me so much experience, as well as knowledge on the human brain, and only piqued my interest in it further. From dot-blot to western-blot, I learned a variety of skills such as focusing on the measurement of expression levels of glutamate receptors in the hippocampus, communication, PCR, and brain slicing. Just by getting hands on experience, I could feel myself learning more information than I had learned in actual classes. Outside the lab, I am often actively participating in a wide variety of sports, or caught taking a nap in my dorm. Although I am relatively new, I see myself enjoying my time at the lab further throughout the course of my college years, and I am so excited to see what obstacles I will have to overcome. I can’t wait to see what next year has for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment