Friday, April 26, 2024

Zaden



Hey there!

My name is Zaden and I am a Psychology major with a minor in Italian and English. I have worked with this lab since Spring 2023, and I’m currently planning to attend graduate school for clinical therapy once I obtain all my credits here at UAlbany. I work with the behavior team, where we study and observe differences between wildtype and EAAC1 knockout mice with reward seeking behavior, how well they perform these tasks, how fast they learn the new tasks, and so on. Initially most of my time was spent training these mice, however with the help of my labmates I’ve been able to dedicate more time to data analysis using the Igor and SPSS software applications. It has certainly been challenging being in a new environment (and becoming more tech savvy with computers), oftentimes it feels that I am drinking from a fire hose when it comes to learning, but overcoming these obstacles is immensely gratifying. Not only has this experience taught me more about neuroscience, but also about being a more competent, responsible, and efficient worker. The people here are very cooperative, making the workload more manageable and enjoyable. It's been a genuine pleasure working here, and I’m eager to witness further progression of this lab. In times of leisure I typically read, play video games, go hiking with friends and spend time with family. When finances and spare time align, I love to travel and attend music festivals.




No comments:

Post a Comment